RootsTech was fabulous!
I have so much to say about so many things. I’ll just start with a few headlines:
- RootsTech. Love, love, loved that experience once again. So much learning! If you didn’t watch LeVar Burton’s opening session, it is a must see.
- My missionary son has been gone for 6 months on Friday. It’s going so fast! A few photos below.
- A while back I wrote about a new church responsibility that was keeping me busy. Well, it happened again. Only this time I am serving in a busy calling with many, many children – my favorite. The timing slowed me way down, about 7 weeks before my missionary left. But I’ve got my sea legs and I’m trying to fit in some old loves once again – like blogging.
- I have been organizing those piles of letters getting ready to start scanning. Hooray!
- I am about to foray into the DNA genealogy world. I have several people I will be testing over the next few months. Kits purchased, now it’s time to learn. Please send any beginner tips you have my way.
- I may not have been writing about family history, but I’ve still been doing plenty of it. Which means I have many happy discoveries and tips to share.
Have a wonderful week, I hope you make a fantastic genealogy discovery today!
10 thoughts on “Hello Friends!”
Welcome back, Amberly! I look forward to reading about your newest research and discoveries.
Thank you Amy!!
He is so handsome!!!
Thank you Luanne! I think so too. 🙂
Welcome back. Sounds like life is super-busy. Looking forward to new blog posts when you have time. Luanne is so right btw!!
Thank you Su! I think he is pretty handsome too. 🙂
I’ve been thinking about the DNA testing thing too, so I hope you write a post on what you learn about the various options. Welcome back!
Hello Ian! Thank you. I will try to fit that in. 🙂
My goodness, you are definitely busy! My husband and I have been toying with the idea of getting our DNA tested. We haven’t quite gotten there yet! Aw, your Missionary is so handsome! How wonderful for you all!
Thank you Linda!