This week, RootsTech made the awesome announcement that they are adding a Virtual Pass for RootsTech 2019!
This means that you can have a RootsTech experience from the comfort of your own home. But let’s try to clear up one thing right now. The Virtual Pass is completely different from the live stream classes.
RootsTech has a live stream schedule that includes free access to watch each keynote address and 22 of the amazing RootsTech classes – live. That means you need to make note of the schedule and watch those sessions as they happen. Check out the live stream schedule here.
The Virtual Pass allows you to pay for access to a special list of 18 classes that are not part of the live stream schedule. These amazing 18 classes will be available to view for 12 months after they are posted to the website. You can watch them as many times as you like during that year from any of your devices.
There are two ways to purchase the Virtual Pass:
1 – As a stand-alone pass for $129
2 – As an add-on pass for your existing RootsTech registration for $79
Sounds great, right?
Wait until you see the list of classes!
- Chromosome Mapping for Absolute Beginners—Jonny Perl
- Must-Use U.S. Records at Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, findmypast, and MyHeritage—Sunny Morton
- A Deep Dive into Understanding Your DNA Results—Blaine Bettinger, Angie Bush, Jonny Perl
- The Surname Is Key: History of Surnames and Conducting Surname Research in Germany—Dirk Weissleder
- One Touch Genealogy Research: Handle a Record Once—Thomas MacEntee
- You Need Both! Uniting DNA and Traditional Research—Angie Bush and D. Joshua Taylor
- Chromosome Mapping Tips and Techniques—Blaine Bettinger
- Deeper Analysis: Techniques for Successful Problem-Solving—Elissa Scalise Powell
- The Magic of German Church Records—Katherine Schober
- My Ancestors Are from Germany, and I Don’t Speak German—Tamra Stansfield
- When Details Disagree: 8 Ways to Resolve Conflicts—D. Joshua Taylor
- 20 Hacks for Interviewing Almost Anyone, and Getting a Good Story—Joanna Liddell and Karen Morgan
- Going Dutch: Finding Families in Online Records of the Netherlands—Daniel Jones
- Beyond the Mists of Time: Sources for British Medieval and Early Modern Genealogy—Nick Barratt
- The Combined Power of DNA, Records, and Family Trees—Jen Baldwin, David Nicholson, Diahan Southard
- The Genealogist’s Google Search Methodology—Lisa Louise Cooke
- Jewish Genealogy: How to Start, Where to Look, What’s Available—Lara Diamond
- Slave Traders, Speculators, and the Domestic Slave Trade—Kenyatta Berry
For full class descriptions and additional details about the new RootsTech Virtual Pass, click here!
Happy Saturday, I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend full of genealogy discovery! xoxo
2 thoughts on “RootsTech 2019 Virtual Pass”
Looks great—I am tempted, except for the cost and the fact that I tend to find a lot of talking over the computer mind-numbing. I find I can’t stay focused and start doing other things!
I struggle with podcasts/webinars because of my hearing so I am also tempted but haven’t decided if I’m going to purchase the add-on yet or not…
This is good feedback though that I can pass on to the RootsTech team. Thank you!