Tell Me a Story Challenge :
Choose a person. Then do any or all of the following:
- Make a list of the top ten stories about this person, a word or phrase will do.
- Choose one story and tell a compelling, short version that will interest your family members in one minute or less.
- Tell a more detailed version of that story including photos if you have them.
For my first “Tell Me a Story” post I chose myself.
Top Ten Stories List about Me:
- The Saint Bernard
- How I finished college
- Miracle Baby #1
- How I got my name – sub-stories: meeting another Amberly, pulling up my schedule
- Miracle Baby #3
- English for Families
- Working mom, heart surgery
- Spiderman Shoes
- My scrapbooking groupie
- Finding out I was pregnant in August (don’t get too excited, this was a few years ago)
One Minute Story:
My husband and I met in college when he was looking for his “lost Saint Bernard”.
The Detailed Story:
My Junior year of college I was sitting in my living room with my cousin Cami. It was the first or second week of school. Cami was a Freshman and had come over to have a good talk and a cry. We’d been talking for a while when there was a knock at my door.
I opened the door to two guys who asked if we would help them find their lost Saint Bernard. I didn’t buy it for a second and told them so. They laughed and I invited them in. We all sat and talked for a few hours. When they left I couldn’t remember either of their names but it didn’t matter.
The funny guy with the hat remembered that I worked in the library and he made sure to be there “studying” during my shift the next day. I saw him and stopped to talk. One thing led to another. I learned his name – Jason, and his roommates name – Darin. Eventually we got married and now we have 3 kids, a dog, and a mortgage.
He told me later that they started at one end of the hall on our floor and knocked on every door trying out their Saint Bernard line. I was the 18th door they knocked on and the first girl who didn’t offer sympathy or help. They decided to come in and talk because I was the first girl who wasn’t a “fizzle-head”.
How did you meet your significant other?