My trip was great.
I have information coming out of my ears. A fabulous problem.
I flew to Spokane on Friday. My mom and sister Tara drove up to join me. The highlights of our days included these moments.
- Hanging out at Aunt Vicki’s house.
- Lots of talking.
- Grandma drove over and looked through MANY photos with me, identifying people, places, and events.
- A little shopping.
- We spent some time at Grandma’s house interviewing her.
- Family dinner at my cousin’s house with lots of loved ones gathered together.
- Morning interview with my mom’s dad’s brother and his wife.
- More time interviewing Grandma and Grandpa.
- Lots of talking with Aunt Vicki after my mom and sister hit the road.
- Time spent wandering Vicki’s house looking at all of her family heirlooms – photographing them of course.
- A relaxed morning getting ready to head home.
- Lots more talking with Aunt Vicki.
I learned so much information in such a short time; my mind is overfull. I have hours of work ahead of me processing the interviews. I am hopeful that some of the small facts I gathered will lead me to some new discoveries. Actually, a few already have.